Monday 23 April 2012

A - Z Challenge: U is for Ukulele but not for anything else



is for
UKULELE


PART I:
        WHAT IS IT?
A member of the guitar family of instruments which uses four strings tuned to a variety of notes.  The tone and volume of the instrument varies with size and construction. Ukuleles commonly come in four sizes: soprano, concert, tenor, and baritone.

         WHERE DO YOU GET IT?
Since we've spent so much time in the chilly lands of the north it will be a happy feeling for all involved to know that we'll be paying a visit to Hawaii [1] and their sunny sea kissed shores.

        USING IT IN REAL LIFE:
Grab a Youtube account.  Apply yourself to learning enough chords and then begin posting videos. [2]

        USING IT IN WRITING:

I'll be frank.  the ability to play the ukulele is not something that the fate of the world is ever going to hang upon. [3]
If the hero of your tale is in school then the uke might be a targett of the bullies who break it and then laugh at his tears.
the love interest may require a balcony scene.
In extreme circumstances your uke can be used as a well tuned club.  Once it meets the head of the baddie it will give them an opportunity to escape [4]

        MIGHT ONE TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH IT?

5 comments:

  1. There are 3 U's that come to mind here. One is the ukelele, which I cannot play; the second is a unicycle, which I cannot ride; and the third is U Tube (ok, I cheated...sue me), which I indulge in on occasion.

    Have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a uke for my cousins 21st and also bought one for myself. Unfortunately, as yet, I have not been revealed as a ukulele prodigy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the ukelele.....the one instrument that has yet to win my heart. Wouldn't it be funny if they were considered a power instrument, like the electric guitar, say....one that causes women to swoon over the men who can play them? I'm having fun imagining the way music all over the world would be changed if that were so. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a uker myself I'm still searching for the chords that make women swoon. I'll update everyone when I find them

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol..modify it to an electric uke. Panties will be thrown. :p

    ReplyDelete